The man who needs to lose weight and gain lean muscle mass should first set a goal to calculate lean body weight. A lean body takes into consideration every part of your body, except the fat portion of the body. While getting and maintaining lean muscle is difficult it is not impossible. In fact there are a few different methods to help you be able to keep your fat off. One of the best types of weight loss methods is by simply increasing your testosterone levels. By doing so your body automatically uses fat to convert to energy instead of muscle. If you have low test levels then you can help them out by taking supplements or by talking to your doctor. There are many different ways to raise testosterone, lose weight, and increase muscle mass.
Parts of the body that contribute to a lean body is the amount of water in the body, in addition to all tendons, ligaments, weight of internal organs, bone structure and density. Every man is different, and calculations will differ.
There are differences in fat stores of every man. The body requires fat to be healthy. However, a good share of men is carrying too much fat in their bodies. If a man is 30 pounds over ideal weight range and has at least four inches of excess fat around the mid-section is obese.
The obese man has too high of a percentage of fat. Any man who carries 25 or more percentage of body fat is obese. A man needs to have a fat range of 14 to 17 percent body fat. Calculate your body fat through the following, methods and measure your body every month to view the progress of weight loss.
- Measure skin folds
- Measure the circumference of the body such as around the neck, upper arms, mid-section, upper thighs, calves, and ankles
Realizing leaner body mass matters, will:
- Help a man feel better
- Have more energy
- Look better
- Achieve a higher level of health
- Realize a higher testosterone level
- Reduces cholesterol levels
- Decreases high blood pressure
- Increases vitality
- Eat a diet high in protein and low in fat
- Amino acids in the protein help men to rebuild muscle mass
- Consume skinless grilled or baked chicken, turkey, and fish, especially salmon
- Whole-foods, whole wheat, fresh fruits, vegetables, and salads are excellent food sources
- Avoid saturated fat causing high levels of bad cholesterol
- Avoid sugar, fructose corn syrup (read labels)
- Drink sixty-four or more ounces of water filtered water every day, more when exercising; add fresh lemon for a refreshing drink
- Drink whey protein for added protein
- Keep electrolytes (potassium, chloride and sodium) in balance through drinking G2 or Gatorade in moderation
- If a man feels dizzy, weak and experiences some mild confusion these chemicals could be unbalanced
- Increased loss of muscle
- Decrease in strength
- Decrease in endurance
- Decreased stamina
- Decreased energy levels
- Increased mood swings
- Decreased sex drive (thought by most men to be one of worse side effects of obesity)
About the Author:
Arnold Carson delivers motivational speeches to teams, churches, and groups of all sizes. He is also the managing partner of Cordallis, an investment group on Whidbey Island.